First of all, we want to clarify that sweet potato and sweet potato are the same. Depending on the country, it will be said one way or another.
We are aware that there are different foods that are harmful to our pets. One of them is sugar, so we try to avoid anything that we provide that complements it. But, in the case of sweet potato, you think that dogs can eat sweet potato, this tuber is also known as sweet potato or sweet potato.
The latter is not lethal, but it is dangerous for dogs, as it contributes to causing diabetes, obesity, and even advanced tooth decay in them, thus acting faster than in humans.
However, if we want to reward them occasionally and encourage them to try a different flavor, there are different foods that can substitute sulfate without problems, such as honey and sweet potato.
The first can be supplied from time to time since although it is not bad for them, it should not be abused. However, the sweet potato is a bit more accessible. Therefore, if you did not know that dogs can eat sweet potatoes, I invite you to read the following.
What is sweet potato? Can dogs eat sweet potatoes?
The sweet potato is one of the names by which the sweet potato is known. This vegetable is excellent for pets as it contains vitamin E, little fat, antioxidant properties, iron, and potassium.
In this way, if you did not know that dogs can eat sweet potatoes, you can add them to their diet sporadically without any problem to provide multiple benefits. And, thus equipping it with proteins, carbohydrates, fruits, and vegetables, will always be satisfied.
Why is sweet potato so healthy for dogs?
The sweet potato or sweet potato is incredibly healthy for your pet, being optimal both for the care of it and for treating and preventing different problems. Therefore, if you provide this food, you will be able to notice favorable changes in its hair and skin.
If your dog has diabetes problems, suffers from heart disease. Or has cataracts, the sweet potato can complement its treatment to provide great improvements, working in turn with certain types of cancer.
Sweet potato recipes
The idea that dogs can eat sweet potatoes may be a bit new to you. Therefore, you have no idea how to complement this delicious vegetable to your plate. The first thing you have to know is that you cannot eat it raw, knowing this, here are the following recipes:
Boiled sweet potatoes
- Wash them well, remove the shell and remove all the bad parts.
- Proceed to cut it into cubes, the way to cut them should be of average size, making sure that they are not too small so that they do not dissolve during cooking.
- Add them to a bowl of water that can cover the number of vegetables you are going to cook.
- Once the water with the sweet potato is boiled, let it simmer, approximately 15 minutes or when you see that the sweet potato is soft.
- Put them to cool and that’s it!
Baked sweet potatoes
- Here you will also have to wash them well, peel them and remove all the damaged parts.
- Cut them as if you were making French fries, elongated.
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 180 ° C.
- Prepare a baking sheet with its respective wax paper to avoid sticking.
- Pour all your strips of sweet potato in it and pour and a little vegetable oil.
- Heat everything until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Let it cool down to room temperature and voila!